Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ben's Favorite Albums of 2011

What follows are the ten albums that most deeply affected me this year. 2011 was a brilliant year for music, and narrowing this list to ten was a challenge. The records that made it are ones that moved me, that I listened to on repeat for what felt like months, that really forced me to feel. I'm no professional critic, I can hardly claim that these are the "best of the year." But for me personally, these albums represent everything I love about great music. Here are my favorites, in no particular order.

Dawes - Nothing is Wrong
"Million Dollar Bill"--Dawes



Notable Exceptions:

Yellow Ostrich - The Mistress

The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart

(Both of these albums were released in 2010, then re-released in 2011, to greater commercial success.)

No comments:

Post a Comment